Friday, September 23, 2005

It’s been quite a while since I last posted, so here’s what has happened. School started just over two weeks ago and the work has really piled on but, at least there is no German, who used to really set loads. I’ve only got one new teacher – Mr. Rodger who, seems OK, but there’s something about him that I just don’t like – probably the fact the he rushes everything. I prefer Jacko’s laid back methods. This term so far has basically been UCAS, UCAS, UCAS. Oh, and personal statement. I’ve pretty much finished mine, although I seem to keep adding stuff, like I now subscribe to “Physics Review” which I really should have done last year, but couldn’t be bothered. I think I’ll end up applying before the end of the half term – or I hope so anyway. The chances are that I’m not going to apply to Cambridge after all, simply because I should have handed in my personal statement to Cheddar but haven’t bothered. (Cheddar is the code name for Agent Northcott.) :D

Aaaaanyway, what else has happened other than school. Well, last Thursday I went to Quasar which, in case you didn’t know is a laser fighting type game. It was very good fun and good value for money too. We should definitely do it again, but with Chandler, ‘Chard and Lewis.

On Tuesday of this week was the visit to the chemical industry, GSK in Dartford to be precise. What a great place it was too. You none chemists don’t know what your missing; probably because cameras were banned. Stupid industrial espionage…

The trip as a whole was great and I missed four lessons in the process, which made the day even better.

That’s all my readers. Expect a very excited blog after Sunday, simply because it will be about the Nightwish Concert. It’s been about three months in the planning and I’m sure it will live up to its expectations, which are very high.

Dan


Weather: Crap.. Rain and cloudy
Reading: Still, Angels and Demons
Listening to: Nightwish's Lowlands Gig
Watching: Not sure really
Confused about: The Oxbridge application process. Damn complex...
Annoyed with: Oxbridge
Mood: Excited :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

Woo for not applying for Oxbridge!

We don't need those snobs :)

Friday, September 23, 2005 8:04:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Indeed we don't!

Saturday, September 24, 2005 9:20:00 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

You don't have to hand it in to Cheddar.

Saturday, September 24, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Not yet anyway.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 9:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home