Thursday, July 28, 2005

I never realised how much work it is to drive a car. I had my first driving lesson yesterday and it was really, really good. It was a two hour lesson from 1015 with the AA. It’s a nice car, but I won’t bore you with all the details. It was a new Ford Focus. That is all I will say. The cockpit looks like this. A fine car. We started with the simple stuff, like moving, then pulling away, and coming to a stop without stalling. Then gear changes and so on for two hours. Very enjoyable. My next lesson is next week.

One thing that I did notice was that all the learners go to the same place to learn – Park Langley. It’s nice and quite I suppose. But if you bought a half a million pound house, would you really wants loads of learners doing three point turns outside your house? I know I wouldn’t.

I hope to pass my test by Christmas. First of all though, I have to pass the theory. Have any of you done it yet? What’s it like? The waiting list for the practical teat is about ten weeks from passing the theory, so plenty of time yet to practice.

That’s all folks. A blog about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory will appear within the next few days. It looks really good. The official site can be found here. The soundtrack sounds quite good.

Chiao!

Weather: cloudy, 19 C
Reading: Dan Brown - Deception Point
Listening to: Charlie and the chocolate factory soundtrack samples
Watching: Charlie and the chocolate factory tomorrow
Confused about: How people make driving look so easy.
Annoyed with: Nothing at the moment.
Mood: Happy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, mostly all the cars around Park Langley are learners.

Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Dauve said...

2 hour lessons?! I'm only having 1 hour lessons. You'll pass before me! :'( Meh. I won't be buying a car anyway.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005 9:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home