Wednesday, July 20, 2005

So, what’s happened since my last post?

Well, quite a lot compared to my usual nothing-exciting-ever-happens existence. Last Friday I spent a day at the girl’s school to be talked to for 3 hours about applying to Oxbridge. The woman who was doing the presentation spoke unbelievably quickly. Stupid woman…

There was also a practice interview which, I felt went OK. At least I didn’t have Ernesto who, nobody could understand because of his strong, indescribable accent.

The whole of the following weekend was spent reading Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince. I had been waiting for this book to come out for several months, and so when it was delivered by the postman at 0745 on Saturday, I started reading it immediately. It took about 15 hours of reading but it was the most that I had ever read in two days; the full 607 pages. Of course, some of you will have read the book twice in the time that I took to read it, but I’m very pleased with my achievement.

The book itself started off quite slowly and gradually picked up pace. The last 100 pages or so were great, and the last chapter was quite emotional. If you haven’t read it yet (Dave), then you’ll know why it was emotional when you do. A fine read, but if you try to read this before the previous five books, or even before book five, STOP! Fool! Read them in order. They’re written like that for a reason.

In other less interesting news, I picked up me prefect badge on Tuesday. I’m now untouchable in the school! Hahahahahaha!!! Well, up to a point. At least I can now prove to those dickheads that say “well, where’s your badge then?” that I am actually a prefect, and a senior one at that.

That is all for now. End Post.

Weather: Sunny 24 C
Reading: Nothing at the moment. I think i'll start this soon
Listening to: Ghost Love Score - Nightwish
Watching: CSI series 5 finale last night. Does that count?
Confused about: Nothing really
Annoyed with: Northcott. I've decided he's an idiot
Mood: Happy. School finishes tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

Untouchable eh? We'll see about that.

*Gimped lightsaber appears*

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Reading the sixth book first would just be silly.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home