Wednesday, July 06, 2005

So, a long time has passed since the last post. Quite a lot has happened. Last Friday I went to the cinema in Croydon with Dave C, Steve, Jon, Rob, Dave J and Sanjay to see “War of the Worlds”. This was the modern adaption of the H. G. Wells Novel set in Victorian England. It was a very good film. That’s all there is to it. Special effects were excellent as with all Spielberg films, and it had decent actors in the form of Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. Very good. I advise you go and see it if you haven’t. (If you’re Lewis, don’t bother. You’ll upset everybody else in the cinema by shouting obscenities throughout).

So, that was Friday. Saturday was spent lounging around all day in front of the television. Why, I hear you ask? Because of Live 8, that’s why. I watched the majority of the 10 hour marathon from Hyde Park, London. Most of which was excellent. Some of which was crap, such as Velvet Revolver. Pure Rubbish. Sunday was spent doing a tiny bit of work and going to see some relatives. Sehr Langweilig. Maybe I should have gone to the BBBQ. But then again, NO MEAT!!

School as usual on Monday, but after school was anything but usual. Jon and I had decided that we were both going to give blood! Yes it may seem mad, but I don’t think so. It’s not like I can’t afford to lose 470ml of it. (That’s under a pint, so not a lot). I didn’t feel any after affects, and didn’t feel sick or faint, which is good. Jon seemed to take an age whilst giving his. The whole process took well over an hour because it was really busy, which is good I suppose. Let’s hope the blood goes to a worthwhile cause. I’m sure it will.

Anyhow, back to the matters at hand. We started putting information onto the UCAS website today so that we can apply in September. Stuff like personal info, qualifications and AS levels. All rather boring really.

At registration today, all of the Senior Prefects voted for the new School Captain. Only the senior prefects were allowed to vote, which meant the only Lewis, Dave J and I are the only members of the blogosphere that we there, I think. I’m sorry if I forgot that you exist. Please forgive moi.

I fell that Costello or Sampson will get it, with Jo Aswani close behind in third. I hope Jo gets it rather than those other two. But, I’m keeping who I voted for quiet. If you wish to really know, ask me on MSN or face-to-face.

That is all for now my wonderful readers, friends and some who should get a life.

Tata


Weather: Cloudy, 15 - 20 C
Reading: Nothing. Waiting for this
Listening to: More Nightwish than you can shake a stick at
Watching: Nothing really
Confused about: The Hair. Take a hint.
Annoyed with: The Hair
Mood: Quite Happy. Looking forward to Nightwish already.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

Of course I'm not actually going to apply for Oxbridge, but it's all in my cunning plan. A personal statement good enough (or almost good enough) for Oxbridge will be most uber for some of the lesser universities.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 5:24:00 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Yeah, my blood didn't seem too eager to come out for some reason. Meh, at least it didn't all gush out at once.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:42:00 PM  
Blogger Dauve said...

Well I'm confused.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 5:53:00 PM  
Blogger David Jani said...

yeah id go with the loser motion. what the hell is funny about colgate? you truly suck in the humor department.

Thursday, July 07, 2005 6:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home