Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So, yesterday was quite good. It made a change from the norm. I went to Thorpe Park for the first time in nine years!

I had never been on rides such as Colossus and Nemesis Inferno before. I was really looking forward to it. Except for the early start and the tiring walking around all day but, it was worth it.

The day started off at West Wickham Station for me, where I met Jon on the train. We travelled to Elmer’s End, where we met Dave

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Then the three of us caught the tram to East Croydon where we were to meet Lewis, Rob and Dave J. The queue for tickets here was surprisingly long but it went quickly. There were quite a few chavs too. £8.30 to Staines return isn’t too bad really.

After two train journeys, and a bus ride, we finally arrived at our destination.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jon and Dave waiting to go in

Once in, I followed the others lead, and went on Vortex.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Which Jon and Rob obviously enjoyed

We then attempted to go on Samurai, a spinning ride which I knew I’d hate, but I gave it a go anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

There it is, Samurai

It quickly broke down whilst we were on it, a sign of things to come maybe? Hopefully not.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Looking quite disappointed there. It was a right bummer.

After this disappointment, we all went on Colossus, the main attraction at Thorpe Park.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That’s five loops in a row

It’s one hell of a ride.

As with Dave C, I can’t remember what we did after that, so here are the rest of my pictures from the day, with explanation:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rush

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyone except me on Rush. I wasn’t feeling too great after Samurai the second time, so I didn’t go on it. I should have really, but oh well.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dave looking very swish with Dave C’s Sunglasses

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dave again, but this time, with Nemesis Inferno in the background

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A close up of Nemesis Inferno

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Slammer. A ride that looks worse than it is. Good fun really.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Dave and I queuing for the “Rapids”.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This was very random. Quite disturbing too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Jon got very annoyed with Dave later in the day and decided to knock his lights out. It didn’t work.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Taken whilst eating lunch. “Detonator” in the background.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tidal Wave. A very wet ride. We didn’t go on it. It clouded over towards the end of the day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Queuing for “X: No way out” with Rob on the left, Jon on the right.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

At Staines station. It was a tiring day.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

CHAV! And there were plenty more than that. Plenty worse too.

So, after having a drink at Café Nero, we waited for Lewis to return from Nemesis Inferno once more. This was at about 1720. I didn’t get home until 1955. It took over 2 and a half hours to get home. That damn bus company. I think we know who the bus driver works for.

Talking of that fiend, we saw his Chinook again, hovering over Colossus whilst we were on it. He knows where we are all the time!

I bought three ride photos whilst I was there:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From Colossus

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From Nemesis Inferno

And all three together:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The third is from Logger’s Leap. A very good water ride

So, a tiring but worthwhile day. I’d definitely go again when the new coaster opens next year. I’m going to the cinema on Friday to see Batman Begins. Should be really good. I’ll let all you wonderful readers know how it goes.

Bye


Weather: 15 cloudy
Reading: John Grisham - Bleachers
Listening to: Nothing
Watching: CSI tonight
Confused about: Nothing
Annoyed with: The chavs on the wall. Why do it?
Mood: Happy :D

4 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

Some fantastic photos there, I may have to get some of the full size ones.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:37:00 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Of course. Just ask next time we're both online.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:02:00 PM  
Blogger Chard said...

Swish day it seems.

I had fun with my Lego Star Wars :D

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

Hehe, fungle.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005 1:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home