Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I think it’s time I gave an update.

Firstly, german Oral. I had the mock of it today which, I thought would be bloody awful. I was really dreading it. It was during period one, but luckily I was not first to go. I spent a few hours last night attempting to memorise the presentation. Here comes the semi-rant.

Why should we have to learn all that we wish to say. This is an exam that examines our pronunciation more than anything else. We should be just allowed to read it out. Afterall, it’s all our own work anyway. Rant over, back to business.

So, Joe went before we and Lewis. He was first in the registar so went straight away at 0830. He was in there for about 20 minutes in total. He must have done quite well, even though his denies that.

Next up was Lewis who, I’m sure did very well. Or did you? Next was me. I had t read my presentation out, then answer questions for about 8 minutes on my chosen subject area: Auschwitz: Ein deutsches conzentrationslager und vernichtungslager. That’s a mouthful.

I started the presentation as I meant to go on: badly. I was awful. I got about half way through and forgot everything I had prepared for. Bugger I thought. Luckily Frau Launisch cut the presentation short, and started the questions. They were OK I suppose. I answered them all to the best of my ability at the time, which wasn’t a lot.

To sum up, I went to pieces. I will be happy with a C for the Mock, a B for the real which incidentally is on May 17th.

My next topic is the Conclave and the new Pope. As a Catholic, I’m quite pleased to see they have chosen a new Pontiff, and a German at that: Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger now known as Pope Benedict XVI. I’m looking forward to his Pontificate. It’s very exciting also because the conclave was so short. Less than 24 hours after they started, and he was elected. Brilliant!

This time next will I will hopefully have returned safely from our wonderful trip to the historic city of Oxford to be lectured about life at the University. It should be fun.

Well, today as always on Tuesdays I had the bitch. It was really fun – Stats. I would hate it if I got her again next year. Grrr. Mr. Nagra came into our class today to talk about Maths next year. He said two things:

i) If you get a U at AS you have to drop it. Paul’s got a lot of work to do then!

ii) You can do Further AS at A2 level. This would leave a timetable of 21 lessons. Rather full I think you’ll agree. I’m still debating as to whether to do it. During Nagra’s talk, the bitch kept staring at me as if to say “You WILL do further Maths next year!” Perhaps I can say “up yours” by just not doing it.

I think that’ll be it for now.

tata

Weather: Blueish shy
Time: 1955
Reading:
Listening to: Beauty and Barrington
Watching: Nowt
Confused about: The international dateline
Annoyed with: Those chavs, you know the ones
Mood: Better than yesterday

8 Comments:

Blogger Dauve said...

I don't think I'll bother with further maths. You can get into university just fine with 3 A levels and the 1 AS.

Plus I'm not prepared to do one heck of a lot more work to get the few extra UCAS points. Chemistry, maths and physics will give more than enough work.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, i think most of us will be happy with the basic 3.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger Chard said...

MORE maths?

The extra half a year of GCSE stuff i had to do was MORE than enough thank you very much

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 8:57:00 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I think I'll do AS Further Maths next year, it should be a real blast.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Chard said...

Why aren't these fucksticks attacking my blog... :(

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 12:25:00 PM  
Blogger Dauve said...

Otis and the librarian?! Now that I didn't see happening.

And patience my young padawan chard. Oppertunity will arise when they are ready.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:54:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

It seems there is more to Otis than we first thought. We must fight the good fight my liege.

One Ring to rule them all, one comment to shut them up.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 4:20:00 PM  
Blogger Dauve said...

Now Otis, how many times have we told you this? You can't just go around eating people like this! Your time will soon be at an end.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005 5:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home