Friday, March 11, 2005

Well, firstly I’m really, really sorry that I haven’t blogged properly for nearly a month. Therefore, this blog could be rather long. Just bare with me.

Well, some time a go was the first of the maths lectures which will supposedly help us with our C4 coursework. This seems like a load of rubbish. It was about rainbows for a start which, aren’t notoriously mathematical. Some parts were mildly interesting, but he sped through the differentiation bits of it because of some small kids at the front. Damn those small kids. I also met Lewis’ mum which was good to put a face to a name. Jon’s Dad was there as well. My Dad refused to come, saying it would be boring. He was right. Although it was boring, it was nowhere near as boring as the chemistry lecture attended by chemistry students such as Megatrobe and Teradud (whose links can be found to the left) and of course myself. That was boring.

Well moving on to more recent happenings.

Tuesday of this week was the higher education conference in Islington in North London. This involved a nice lay-in until about 0800 hours, which made a nice change. I made my way to West Wickham station at about 0915 hours, hoping to leave enough time to buy a ticket form the grumpy darstard behind the counter before boarding the 0936 to Charing Cross. Both the darstard and the train did not arrive that day. I had to buy a travelcard form the machine which, meant queuing for longer than usual. Funnily enough though, the machine was a lot friendly than the man usually is. I was actually quite looking forward to the trip. It was on the day when I had 5 lessons, including the bitch’s. It couldn’t have come at a better time.

Well, we got a later train where, Rob, Dave J and myself met Jon on the train. Unfortunately, there was a class of year six from Pickhurst on our train too. This included my cousin who seemed very embarrassed about me being within 10 feet of him. Hmmm…

Well, we arrived at London Bridge slightly late and feeling slightly claustrophobic from the train journey. The rest of the journey went fine, and we arrived at Angel station roughly at about 1100 hours. I had to register with Glover, and did so straight away.

The convention hall itself was huge. Davemeister and I went off together and picked up Jon along the way. We spent about 90 minutes or so picking up prospectuses

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my pile of prospectuses I picked up. Twenty-two in total – 22!! They weighed in at 13.5kg – That’s 2 stone!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A slightly blurred picture of some of the duds who happened to be there at the time
After I had filled my usual rucksack and two carrier bags with prospectuses, I took a rest, where I found this chav:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Damn those chavs.

We then went to Burger King for Lunch. That was nice.

Some of our group then went home, and myself, Lewis, Teradud, Megatrobe and the thing with the hair (David Cooper) went to the science museum. It was a short tube ride which included going the shortest distance on the tube between two stations. Covent Garden and Leicester square. 39 seconds from start to stop. Very short.

The science museum was good, if not a little hot. We played on the domination tables for about half an hour. That was fun. The Hair then left us to see his sister, thank God.

This photo was taken of Dave looking very old. :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We then went to Oxford Street to find a headphone splitter. I forgot to mention that Andrew was still with us a t this point. Sorry.

We lost a whole Virgin megastore thanks to Dave. Thanks Dave. Thave. We got diverted to Waterstone’s though, in search of Professor Frank Close’s Book. They didn’t have it, but they did have a book on C for Jon, which he bought. Slightly too dear if you ask me - £25, although it is huge.

And that was my day. I finally got home about 1715.



Weather: cloudy 10 C
Reading: prospectuses
Listening to: my Zen on Random
Watching: Comic Relief later on
Confused about: nothing
Annoyed with: David Copper - Take a hint
Mood:Average

1 Comments:

Blogger Chard said...

Curse that hooded chav... whoever he is...

Pity that he found a way to cunningly hide his identity...

Saturday, March 12, 2005 12:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home