Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'm in York!

Hurrah, I’m in York. I thought while I have a spare moment, I will update all my faithful readers as to how my new life is going.

So far, I’ve only been here for three nights, and there have been three fantastic house parties. I’ve also been to a nightclub for the first time which I thought was brilliant. It’s just a shame that I can’t dance that well…

I share a house in St. Lawrence Court, Halifax College with eight other people; four guys and four girls. On the top floor in the skylight rooms we have James, Adam and I. There is also a spare room, a toilet and a shower. On the middle floor are the four girls: Catharine, Susie, Kim and Sharon who is from Hong Kong. The bottom floor has the kitchen and the two Chinese guys, Ke and Parker. Fortunately we all like the same sort of music, which is great. Nobody likes crappy rapping, Hip-Hop shite.

Tonight is the beach Party at our local bar, JJ’s. Should be good fun, if not a little cold. I had a talk from the physics department this morning, who say that I have a 2 hour 45 minute maths test on Thursday. Fun eh?

There is plenty going on on campus all week. We’re off into town on Thursday night with our STYCs. I don’t know what it stands for, but they are our second year mentor people. Should be another late one.

Fortunately I have got the internet working. Cost me sixty pounds for a year, but well worth it methinks.

One final thing. My housemates and I have created a new sport. Well, it’s not new, but we’re going to start a society with it. It’s all about chair racing. Not just any old chair racing. Oh no, this is hard core serious racing. No wheels allowed by the way before you get any wise-guy ideas. You basically hop along on the chairs, but we have all terrain events as well. It’s not for whimps.

We did think this up at 0500 one morning, so don’t blame me if it sounds crap. It really is good fun. When you’re drunk.

I’ll post some photos when I have them.

Ciao for now.

Dane

P.S. Happy birthday Dave for today and Lewis for last week.

Weather: Cloudy, Misty, 8 C
Reading: Bundles of literature from the department
Listening to: She is my sin (live) - Nightwish
Watching: Nothing. I have no TV. I miss it.
Thinking of buying: More text books. I need at least two more.
Looking Forward to: Muse in November
Confused about: How my radiator works
Annoyed with: The rain waking me up this morning
Mood: Happy but tired

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drunken Dane. Tut tut :D

Tuesday, October 10, 2006 11:56:00 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

What is this madness!! Drunken Dauve from The Goose. Remember? :D

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 9:47:00 AM  
Blogger Chard said...

The best homemade game is Gazeball, and noone can deny it. And to be honest, im pretty sure Dauve has been getting wasted every night, and is just refusing to tell us :P

Wednesday, October 11, 2006 1:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised if Dauve was in a permanent state of inebriation.

Good to hear from ye, Dane.

Thursday, October 12, 2006 7:50:00 PM  
Blogger Alcuin Bramerton said...

Glad to hear that chair racing is coming back into fashion. It has a long and distinguished history. Plenty of lube is the key.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home